Sunday, January 16, 2011

ICA Boston : Stunning.

While in Boston this weekend I spent some time at the Institute of Contemporary Art.  I am so inspired.   It has been some time since I sat down to really create a physical, make a mess, get my hands (and clothes) dirty, work of art.

Motivated by all the beautiful and thought provoking art, I’ve decided that I need to spend more time creating the cut paper drawings and the rusty aerial landscape paintings of my college days.   It may be slow and slightly fleeting to make extra time to add this back into my life, but as I do so, I’ll share my works as they progress.

Back to the ICA – they had some pretty spectacular paper based pieces that were truly beautiful.   I thought I’d share two of my favorite pieces.


Mark Bradford, "Strawberry," 2002.
Collection of Barbara and Bruce Berger

 Fred Liang, "Dream of a Thousand Springs," 2010.
Courtesy of the artist and Carroll and Sons, Boston.


Detail of "Dream of a Thousand Springs" 


These photos do NOT do this piece justice.   The wall piece is actually very intricately cut paper that is just AMAZING. 


Overall this was a lovely part of my mini-vacation and I will for sure be visiting the ICA/Boston many times in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment