Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday Ramblings

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about my desire to travel more. The more I think about it the more I notice others that are currently on the move and jealousy kicks in. Not the bad green envy kind, but just the general desire to know everything about their travels so I can live vicariously through them. I’ll do this just for a while until I have the funds and the time to hope on a plane myself. (you will notice much of the jealousy stems from my immediate family’s travels, tickets are much less expensive when you are on the east coast)


Tops on my to-visit list:

Ireland


Photos from my sisters’, Erika & Andrea, first trip to Ireland

Ireland has always been on the top of the list. How could it not? I have red hair, my middle name is named after one of their counties (Clare). My sister was just there over the holidays and loved it. Even better my cousin lives there so I’d have a place to visit and meet her charming little girls who, from my sister’s opinion, have adorable little irish/british/american accents. In fact I have far off dreams of living there myself.


India



India has been on my mind more and more. The culture fascinates me. I’ve been involved with planning several Indian weddings in the past few years and the more I learn the more I would love to truly experience their culture. Plus, the food is AMAZING.


Scandinavia
Mostly Norway and Sweden

Photo from my sister’s, Andrea, trip to to Norway while my brother was studying there.

My heritage is half Norwegian.  In fact on my mothers side, we still have very distant relatives living on a farm that has been family land for centuries. Not to mention I so love and respect the modern sense of Scandinavian design. We also have family friends in Sweden, so of course it would be lovely to visit.

There are far more locations and cultures I’d love to see and experience, but I’d be writing for days on end.

Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment