Monday, May 30, 2011

Designs, Designs and more Designs

I am spending more and more time designing lately. Which is a good thing of course, but there are some tools out there that I really really really want that will make my design process so much easier. One is a Wacom tablet. It is kind of, well, actually, really pricy.

So being the thrifty person I am (well sort of am) I want to make my own. Ha!

So the other day I was at the Apple store asking about Wacoms and the future of the iPad and how it would effect the design illustration world of tablets…the salesman looked at me blankly and said…”uh…so, are you an artist?” I don’t really like that question. Even though art is something that I went to school for and I have a degree in and I now design on a daily basis. I feel that the title ‘artist’ is not a self designated one. My response to the Apple guy was ‘well, I would call myself a designer’.

With that being said, he still couldn’t help me with my question, I thought those Apple peeps were supposed to be super knowledgeable. (He was very nice and helpful though, just had no idea what I wanted…) So it looks like I am on my own to figure out what to do about the purchase of an illustration tablet.

Anyway, now that that vent/tangent is out, here are a few more interesting things.

I am pretty excited to post at the end of this week/early next week! I have 2 wedding suites to share and they are both pretty FAB!

But, in the meantime, check out some of my latest designs submitted to a Minted Challenge, personal stationery cards. This time around, four of the winning designs will be mass produced and have global distribution through Chronicle Bookstores, plus a commission on net sales. Other wins will also be sold on Minted and, of course, part of me just wants the design ‘props’

So yet again I ask for your help, please vote for my designs on Minted by clicking on the designs below and voting them a '5' please!

personal stationery - Paper Poms Card
personal stationery - Paper Poms Card


personal stationery - Kinetic
personal stationery - Kinetic


personal stationery - Elevation
personal stationery - Elevation

No comments:

Post a Comment